Welcome to Forepaugh ...
So far, we have found very little information about Forepaugh. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Forepaugh to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Forepaugh, please Contact Us.
Forepaugh would have been located within present day Maricopa County<2>.
The location of Forepaugh has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Forepaugh is 2,300 feet [701 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the elevation of Forepaugh is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Forepaugh was located is in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Communities near Forepaugh ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Forepaugh.
- Wickenburg [Maricopa County]
- Aguila [Maricopa County]
- Vulture City [Maricopa County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vulture City
- Vulture City [Maricopa County] was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the southeast of Forepaugh
- Vulture City has also been known as:
- Vulture Mine
- Congress [Yavapai County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Cullen's Well [Maricopa County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cullen's Well
- Cullen's Well [Maricopa County] was located 20 miles [32.2 km]<5> to the west of Forepaugh
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Cullen's Well. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Camp Date Creek [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Camp Date Creek
- Camp Date Creek [Yavapai County] was located 21 miles [33.8 km]<5> to the north of Forepaugh
- Glen Ilah [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glen Ilah
- Glen Ilah [Yavapai County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<5> to the northeast of Forepaugh
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glen Ilah
- Octave [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Octave
- Octave [Yavapai County] was located 23 miles [37 km]<5> to the northeast of Forepaugh
- Weaver [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Weaver
- Weaver [Yavapai County] was located 23 miles [37 km]<5> to the northeast of Forepaugh
- Former name for Weaver:
- Yarnell [Yavapai County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Forepaugh. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Forepaugh.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Forepaugh. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Forepaugh.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Forepaugh. See our Newspapers Page for Forepaugh.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Arizona
About Maricopa County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Maricopa County: www.maricopa.gov/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Forepaugh, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Maricopa, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Forepaugh - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Forepaugh) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Forepaugh. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.9714, Longitude: -113.0463 In this case, the coordinates for Forepaugh have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|