Welcome to Aguila ...
Aguila is located in Maricopa County<1>.
Aguila is 2,160 feet [658 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the altitude of Aguila is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Aguila lies in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Aguila is located in the (520) area code.
The ZIP code for Aguila: 85320<3>
Communities near Aguila ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Aguila.
- Cullen's Well [Maricopa County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cullen's Well
- Cullen's Well [Maricopa County] was located 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the west of Aguila
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Cullen's Well. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Vulture City [Maricopa County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vulture City
- Vulture City [Maricopa County] was located 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the southeast of Aguila
- Vulture City has also been known as:
- Vulture Mine
- Wenden [La Paz County]
- Congress [Yavapai County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Wickenburg [Maricopa County]
- Camp Date Creek [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Camp Date Creek
- Camp Date Creek [Yavapai County] was located 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the northeast of Aguila
- Salome [La Paz County]
- Stanton [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stanton
- Stanton [Yavapai County] was located 29 miles [46.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Aguila
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Stanton have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Glen Ilah [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glen Ilah
- Glen Ilah [Yavapai County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Aguila
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glen Ilah
- Harqua Hala [La Paz County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harqua Hala
- Harqua Hala [La Paz County] was located 30 miles [48.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Aguila
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Harqua Hala. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Aguila. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Aguila.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Aguila. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Aguila.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Aguila. See our Newspapers Page for Aguila.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Aguila ...
Looking for more information about Aguila? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Aguila, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Aguila.
Adding Aguila to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Aguila in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Aguila was on a map titled Road Map for Arizona (from Shell Oil, 1951).
We also found Aguila on a map titled Shell Oil Road Map for Arizona (1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Aguila on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Arizona
About Maricopa County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Aguila. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Maricopa County: www.maricopa.gov/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Maricopa, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Aguila - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Aguila). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Aguila or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Aguila) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Aguila. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AguilaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aguila. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.9430, Longitude: -113.1695 |
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|