Welcome to Salome ...
Salome is located in La Paz County<1>.
Salome is near sea level<2>.
Time Zone: Salome lies in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Note: If you travel west from Salome (for example, toward Blythe (CA)), you will leave Mountain Standard Time and cross into the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Salome is located in the (928) area code.
The ZIP code for Salome: 85348<3>
Communities Also Named Salome ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Salome - it's located in Quebec.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Salome.
Communities near Salome ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Salome.
- Wenden [La Paz County]
- Harqua Hala [La Paz County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harqua Hala
- Harqua Hala [La Paz County] was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the south of Salome
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Harqua Hala. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Vicksburg [La Paz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vicksburg
- Vicksburg [La Paz County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the west of Salome
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vicksburg
- McVay [La Paz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McVay
- McVay [La Paz County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the west of Salome
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McVay
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- New Hope [La Paz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Hope
- New Hope [La Paz County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southwest of Salome
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Hope
- Cullen's Well [Maricopa County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cullen's Well
- Cullen's Well [Maricopa County] was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northeast of Salome
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Cullen's Well. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Utting [La Paz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Utting
- Utting [La Paz County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the west of Salome
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Utting
- Brenda [La Paz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brenda
- Brenda [La Paz County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the west of Salome
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brenda
- Bouse [La Paz County]
- Aguila [Maricopa County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Salome. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Salome.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Salome. See our Newspapers Page for Salome.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Salome ...
Looking for more information about Salome? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Salome, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Salome.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Arizona
About La Paz County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Salome. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for La Paz County: www.co.la-paz.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including La Paz, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Salome - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Salome). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Salome or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Salome) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Salome. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Salome
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Salome. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.7822, Longitude: -113.6132
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|