Welcome to Scandia ...
Scandia is 2,480 feet [756 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Scandia is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Scandia lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Scandia: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Scandia: T0J<3>
Communities Also Named Scandia ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 5 communities that are also named Scandia - they are located in Kansas, Minnesota (2), Pennsylvania and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Scandia.
Communities near Scandia ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Scandia.
- Vauxhall (14 miles [22.5 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vauxhall
- Vauxhall lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the south of Scandia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vauxhall came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vauxhall
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Vauxhall<6>
- Rolling Hills (12 miles [19.3 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rolling Hills
- Rolling Hills lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the east of Scandia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rolling Hills
- Rainier (6 miles [9.7 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rainier
- Rainier lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the north of Scandia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rainier came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rainier
- Bow City (13 miles [20.9 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bow City
- Bow City lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the northwest of Scandia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bow City
- Grantham (14 miles [22.5 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grantham
- Grantham lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the south of Scandia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grantham
- Retlaw (17 miles [27.4 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Retlaw
- Retlaw lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Scandia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Retlaw
- Enchant (18 miles [29 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Enchant
- Enchant lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southwest of Scandia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Enchant came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Enchant
- Brooks (21 miles [33.8 km] to the north)
- Tilley (21 miles [33.8 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tilley
- Tilley lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the northeast of Scandia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tilley
- Hays (22 miles [35.4 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hays
- Hays lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the south of Scandia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hays came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hays
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Scandia ...
Looking for more information about Scandia? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Scandia, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Scandia.
Adding Scandia to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Scandia was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Scandia on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Scandia
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Scandia. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Scandia - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Scandia). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Scandia or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Scandia) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Scandia. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ScandiaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Scandia. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.2793, Longitude: -112.0468 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|