Welcome to Rainier ...
Although we found mention of Rainier during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Rainier was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Rainier to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Rainier, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Rainier might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Rainier would be found within the (403) & (587)<2> area codes.
The Canadian Postal Code for Rainier: T0J<3>
Communities Also Named Rainier ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Rainier - they are located in Oregon and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Rainier.
Communities near Rainier ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Rainier.
- Brooks (16 miles [25.7 km] to the northeast)
- Tilley (19 miles [30.6 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tilley
- Tilley lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the east of Rainier
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tilley
- Rolling Hills (16 miles [25.7 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rolling Hills
- Rolling Hills lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Rainier
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rolling Hills
- Scandia (6 miles [9.7 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scandia
- Scandia lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the south of Rainier
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scandia
- Bow City (7 miles [11.3 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bow City
- Bow City lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Rainier
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bow City
- Enchant (20 miles [32.2 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Enchant
- Enchant lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the southwest of Rainier
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Enchant came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Enchant
- Grantham (20 miles [32.2 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grantham
- Grantham lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the south of Rainier
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grantham
- Vauxhall (20 miles [32.2 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vauxhall
- Vauxhall lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the south of Rainier
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vauxhall came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vauxhall
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Vauxhall<5>
- Retlaw (22 miles [35.4 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Retlaw
- Retlaw lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the south of Rainier
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Retlaw
- Travers (22 miles [35.4 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Travers
- Travers lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the west of Rainier
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Travers came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Travers
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Rainier ...
Looking for more information about Rainier? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Rainier, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Rainier.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Rainier
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Rainier and then turned east". While Rainier could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Rainier as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Rainier could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Rainier, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Rainier). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Rainier or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Rainier) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Rainier. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RainierOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rainier. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.3667, Longitude: -112.0833 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|