Communities Also Named Radway ...
We have found one communities that share the name Radway.
Within Alberta, the name Radway is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Radway in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Cleveland County
- This community is historic<1> and we have very little information. For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Arkansas community of Radway [Cleveland County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Radway ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deerland
- Deerland lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the south of Radway
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Deerland came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deerland
- Hollow Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hollow Lake
- Hollow Lake lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Radway
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hollow Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hollow Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Opal
- Opal lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the west of Radway
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Opal came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Opal
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Smoky Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sprucefield
- Sprucefield lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Radway
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sprucefield came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sprucefield
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Star
- Star lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Radway
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Star
- Weasel Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Weasel Creek
- Weasel Creek lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the north of Radway
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Weasel Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Weasel Creek
How Far From Radway to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Radway to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Radway and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<2> to the southwest (SW). If you could walk a straight line from Radway to Edmonton, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take about three full days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take just about two full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,741 miles [2,801.9 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,204 miles [9,984.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,971 miles [11,218.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,060 miles [8,143.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Radway. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Radway, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Radway) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Radway. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RadwayOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Radway. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.0594, Longitude: -112.9453 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Radway to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.371 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.288 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.693 degrees.||