Communities Also Named Parkland Beach ...
We found one communities that share the name Parkland Beach.
Within Alberta, the name Parkland Beach is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Parkland Beach in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- This Parkland Beach lies 311 miles [500.5 km]<1> to the northeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Parkland Beach
Curious and Interesting Names Near Parkland Beach ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Black Diamond
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackie
- Blackie lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the north of Parkland Beach.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Champion
- Champion lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the east of Parkland Beach.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Champion came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Champion
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ensign
- Ensign lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the northeast of Parkland Beach.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ensign came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ensign
- High River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Longview
- Longview lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the northwest of Parkland Beach.
- Former names for Longview:
- Little Chicago
- New York
- Little New York
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Longview
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Longview<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monarch
- Monarch lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Parkland Beach.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Monarch came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monarch
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woodhouse
- Woodhouse lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the south of Parkland Beach.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Woodhouse came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woodhouse
How Far From Parkland Beach to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Parkland Beach to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Parkland Beach and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 227 miles [365.3 km]<1> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Parkland Beach to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 13 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 9 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,770 miles [2,848.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 70 days and walking would take 101 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,454 miles [10,386.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,221 miles [11,621.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,284 miles [8,503.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Parkland Beach. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Parkland Beach) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Parkland Beach. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Parkland BeachOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Parkland Beach. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.2500, Longitude: -113.6667 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Parkland Beach to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.904 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.576 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.813 degrees.||