Communities Also Named New Norway ...
We have found one communities that share the name New Norway.
Within Alberta, the name New Norway is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named New Norway in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Potter County
- This community is historic<1> and although located in Potter County, we don't know where within the .
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Potter County community of New Norway.
Curious and Interesting Names Near New Norway ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Hay Lakes
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hay Lakes
- Hay Lakes lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the north of New Norway
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hay Lakes
- Meeting Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meeting Creek
- Meeting Creek lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the southeast of New Norway
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meeting Creek
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mirror
- Mirror lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the south of New Norway
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mirror
- Red Willow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> to the southeast of New Norway
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
- Rolly View
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rolly View came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rolly View
- Rolly View lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the northwest of New Norway
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rolly View
- Round Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Round Hill
- Round Hill lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the northeast of New Norway
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Round Hill
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding New Norway. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- August Solberg 'Gus' Marker (Professional hockey)
- Professional hockey. He was born in Wetaskiwin (Alberta) on Tueday August 1, 1905 and died in Kingston (Ontario) on Tueday October 7, 1997 at the age of 92. He is buried at Cataraqui Cemetery (Frontenac County, Ontario).
- Wetaskiwin is located 18 miles [29 km] to the west of New Norway.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: August Solberg 'Gus' Marker<5>
How Far From New Norway to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as New Norway to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in New Norway and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 52 miles [83.7 km]<2> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could walk a straight line from New Norway to Edmonton, with an average speed<6> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of three days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take over two days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,737 miles [2,795.4 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,278 miles [10,103.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,045 miles [11,337.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,123 miles [8,244.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for New Norway. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about New Norway, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- New Norway) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for New Norway. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from New Norway
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in New Norway. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.8696, Longitude: -112.9514
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from New Norway to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.373 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.189 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.917 degrees.||