Welcome to Nanton ...
The town of Nanton is 3,350 feet [1,021 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Nanton is about ¾ mile [or ~1 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Nanton lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Nanton: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Nanton: T0L<3>
Websites for Nanton ...
Official Website: www.town.nanton.ab.ca/
Adding Nanton to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Nanton was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Nanton on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Nanton ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Nanton.
- High River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackie
- Blackie lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the north of Nanton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cayley
- Cayley lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Nanton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cayley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cayley
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Parkland Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Parkland Beach
- Parkland Beach lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Nanton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Parkland Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Parkland Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Parkland
- Parkland lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Nanton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Parkland came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Parkland
- Frankburg - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frankburg
- Frankburg was located 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the northeast of Nanton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frankburg came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brant
- Brant lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Nanton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brant
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ensign
- Ensign lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Nanton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ensign came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ensign
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Nanton ...
Looking for more information about Nanton? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Nanton, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Nanton.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Nanton: www.town.nanton.ab.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Nanton - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Nanton). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Nanton or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Nanton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Nanton. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NantonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nanton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.3447, Longitude: -113.7759 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|