Curious and Interesting Names Near Namao ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Beverly (10 miles [16.1 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beverly
- Beverly lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the south of Namao
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beverly came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beverly
- Bon Accord (8 miles [12.9 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bon Accord
- Bon Accord lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the north of Namao
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bon Accord came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bon Accord
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bon Accord<3>
- Carbondale (3 miles [4.8 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carbondale
- Carbondale lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the northwest of Namao
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carbondale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carbondale
- Gold Bar (12 miles [19.3 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gold Bar
- Gold Bar lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the south of Namao
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gold Bar came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gold Bar
- Hazeldean (14 miles [22.5 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hazeldean
- Hazeldean lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the south of Namao
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hazeldean
- Legal (16 miles [25.7 km] to the north)
- Rolling Meadows (17 miles [27.4 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rolling Meadows
- Rolling Meadows lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Namao
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rolling Meadows
- Virginia Park (10 miles [16.1 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Virginia Park
- Virginia Park lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the south of Namao
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Virginia Park
How Far From Namao to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Namao to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Namao and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the south (S). If you could walk a straight line from Namao to Edmonton, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take five to six hours to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take nearly four hours.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,761 miles [2,834.1 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 69 days and walking would take 100 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,235 miles [10,034.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,002 miles [11,268.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,092 miles [8,194.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Namao
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Namao. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Namao) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Namao. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NamaoOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Namao. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.7167, Longitude: -113.4833 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Namao to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.806 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.75 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.119 degrees.||