Curious and Interesting Names Near Myrnam ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Elk Point (21 miles [33.8 km] to the northeast)
- Horseshoe Bay (31 miles [49.9 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Horseshoe Bay
- Horseshoe Bay lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the north of Myrnam
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Horseshoe Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Horseshoe Bay
- Mannville (22 miles [35.4 km] to the south)
- Owlseye (29 miles [46.7 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Owlseye
- Owlseye lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the north of Myrnam
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Owlseye came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Owlseye
- Riverview (27 miles [43.5 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riverview
- Riverview lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Myrnam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riverview
- Saddle Lake (28 miles [45.1 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saddle Lake
- Saddle Lake lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Myrnam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saddle Lake
- Two Hills (21 miles [33.8 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Two Hills
- Two Hills lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the west of Myrnam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Hills
How Far From Myrnam to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Myrnam to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Myrnam and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 93 miles [149.7 km]<1> to the west (W). If you could drive a straight line from Myrnam to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 6 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,669 miles [2,686 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 66 days and walking would take 95 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,197 miles [9,973.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,964 miles [11,207.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,036 miles [8,104.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Myrnam
Mentions & References for Myrnam
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Myrnam. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Myrnam) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Myrnam. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MyrnamOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Myrnam. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.6612, Longitude: -111.2289 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Myrnam to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.989 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.693 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.62 degrees.||