Our Genealogy Helper for Mayton ...
So far, we have found very little information about Mayton. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Mayton to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Mayton, please Contact Us.
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Mayton (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Mayton. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Mayton:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Mayton ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Mayton.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Mayton covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Mayton Cemetery
- Wimborne Cemetery
- Olds Cemetery
- Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- The Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery is located 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Carstairs.To be more precise, Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km] to the southwest of Mayton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- St. Hilda's Anglican Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Hilda's Anglican Church Cemetery
- St. Hilda's Anglican Church Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Mayton.
- St. Hilda's Anglican Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Arthurvale Cemetery
- St. Hilda's Arthurvale Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Hilda's Anglican Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2352586<3>
- Innisfail Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Mt. Davis Cemetery
- Hainstock Cemetery
- Didsbury Cemetery
- Three Hills Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Three Hills Cemetery
- Three Hills Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Mayton.
- Three Hills Cemetery has also been known as:
- Three Hills Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three Hills Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2233201<3>
- Trochu Baptist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Trochu Baptist Cemetery
- Trochu Baptist Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the east of Mayton.
- Trochu Baptist Cemetery has also been known as:
- Trochu Public Cemetery
- Trochu Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trochu Baptist Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2516820<3>
- Holy Trinity Anglican Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Holy Trinity Anglican Church Cemetery
- Holy Trinity Anglican Church Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the northeast of Mayton.
- Holy Trinity Anglican Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Holy Trinity Cemetery
- Pine Lake Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holy Trinity Anglican Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2445412<3>
- Horn Hill Cemetery
- Meehan Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Meehan Cemetery
- The Meehan Cemetery is located outside and to the south of Trochu.More precisely, Meehan Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the east of Mayton.
- Meehan Cemetery has also been known as:
- Trochu Old Public Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meehan Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2514217<3>
- Carstairs Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Mayton. See our List of 1890's Communities around Mayton.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Mayton, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Mayton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mayton. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MaytonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mayton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.8376, Longitude: -113.7373 |
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|