Curious and Interesting Names Near Manton Alta ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Black Diamond (30 miles [48.3 km] to the northwest)
- Blackie (18 miles [29 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackie
- Blackie lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the north of Manton Alta
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackie
- Champion (28 miles [45.1 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Champion
- Champion lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the east of Manton Alta
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Champion came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Champion
- Ensign (16 miles [25.7 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ensign
- Ensign lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Manton Alta
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ensign came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ensign
- High River (16 miles [25.7 km] to the north)
- Longview (24 miles [38.6 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Longview
- Longview lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the northwest of Manton Alta
- Former names for Longview:
- Little Chicago
- New York
- Little New York
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Longview
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Longview<2>
- Vulcan (22 miles [35.4 km] to the east)
- Woodhouse (29 miles [46.7 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woodhouse
- Woodhouse lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the south of Manton Alta
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Woodhouse came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woodhouse
How Far From Manton Alta to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Manton Alta to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Manton Alta and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 220 miles [354.1 km]<1> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Manton Alta to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 13 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 9 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,774 miles [2,855 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 70 days and walking would take 101 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,449 miles [10,378.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,217 miles [11,614.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,281 miles [8,498.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Manton Alta
Mentions & References for Manton Alta
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Manton Alta. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Manton Alta) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Manton Alta. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.3500, Longitude: -113.7667 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Manton Alta to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.987 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.679 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.863 degrees.|