Communities Also Named Mannville ...
We have found three communities that share the name Mannville.
Within Alberta, the name Mannville is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another three communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Putnam County
- This Mannville is located in Putnam County and lies 2,201 miles [3,542.2 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mannville
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Putnam County community of Mannville.
- New York
- Albany County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the New York community of Mannville [Albany County].
- Marathon County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Wisconsin community of Mannville [Marathon County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Mannville ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Elk Point
- Paradise Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradise Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise Valley
- Paradise Valley lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Mannville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise Valley
- Two Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Two Hills
- Two Hills lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Mannville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Hills
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Viking came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viking
- Viking lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Mannville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Viking<3>
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Mannville. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- William Ernest 'Ernie' Kenny (Professional hockey)
How Far From Mannville to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Mannville to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Mannville and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 96 miles [154.5 km]<1> to the west (W). If you could drive a straight line from Mannville to Edmonton, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 6 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take three full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,665 miles [2,679.6 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 65 days and walking would take 95 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,216 miles [10,003.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,983 miles [11,238 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,052 miles [8,130.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Mannville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Mannville) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mannville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Mannville
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mannville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.3391, Longitude: -111.1789
|<2>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Mannville could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Mannville to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.949 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.619 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.651 degrees.||