Welcome to Luzan ...
Although we found mention of Luzan during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Luzan was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Luzan to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Luzan, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Luzan might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Luzan would be found within the (780) and (587)<2> area codes.
Communities near Luzan ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Luzan.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Andrew
- Andrew lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Luzan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Andrew
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Willingdon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Willingdon
- Willingdon lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Luzan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Willingdon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chipman came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chipman
- Chipman lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Luzan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chipman
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Whitford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whitford
- Whitford lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Luzan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whitford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wostok
- Wostok lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the west of Luzan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wostok
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Boian
- Boian lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the east of Luzan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Boian
- Hairy Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hairy Hill
- Hairy Hill lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the east of Luzan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hairy Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kaleland
- Kaleland lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the east of Luzan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kaleland
- Saint Michael
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Michael came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Michael
- Saint Michael lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the west of Luzan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Michael
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Luzan ...
Looking for more information about Luzan? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Luzan, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Luzan.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Luzan and then turned west". While Luzan could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Luzan as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Luzan could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Luzan) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Luzan. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.8023, Longitude: -112.2576
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|