Welcome to Andrew ...
The origin (or the toponymy) of Andrew: Named after Anker H. Lauritzen.
The village of Andrew is 2,030 feet [619 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Andrew lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Andrew: (780) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Andrew: T0B<3>
Adding Andrew to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Andrew was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Andrew on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Andrew ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 7 communities that are also named Andrew - they are located in Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Nebraska and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Andrew.
Communities near Andrew ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Andrew.
- Smoky Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Willingdon
- Willingdon lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the east of Andrew
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Willingdon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Willingdon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chipman
- Chipman lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Andrew
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chipman came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chipman
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whitford
- Whitford lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the east of Andrew
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Whitford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whitford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wostok
- Wostok lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southwest of Andrew
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wostok
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Boian
- Boian lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the east of Andrew
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Boian
- Saint Michael
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Michael
- Saint Michael lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the west of Andrew
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Michael came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Michael
- Hairy Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hairy Hill
- Hairy Hill lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Andrew
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hairy Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Edwand
- Edwand lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the north of Andrew
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Edwand came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edwand
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Andrew ...
Looking for more information about Andrew? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Andrew, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Andrew.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Andrew. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Andrew - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Andrew). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Andrew or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Andrew) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Andrew. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AndrewOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Andrew. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.8807, Longitude: -112.3351 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|