Welcome to Whitford ...
Although we found mention of Whitford during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Whitford was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Whitford to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Whitford, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Whitford might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Whitford would be found within the (780) & (587)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Whitford ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 4 communities that are also named Whitford - they are located in Colorado, Louisiana, Oregon and Pennsylvania.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Whitford.
Communities near Whitford ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Whitford.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Andrew
- Andrew lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Whitford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Andrew
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Willingdon
- Willingdon lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Whitford
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Willingdon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Willingdon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Boian
- Boian lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the east of Whitford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Boian
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wostok
- Wostok lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the west of Whitford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wostok
- Hairy Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hairy Hill
- Hairy Hill lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Whitford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hairy Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hamlin
- Hamlin lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Whitford
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hamlin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hamlin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kaleland
- Kaleland lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Whitford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kaleland
- Saint Michael
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Michael
- Saint Michael lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the west of Whitford
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Michael came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Michael
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stry
- Stry lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the northeast of Whitford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stry
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Whitford ...
Looking for more information about Whitford? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Whitford, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Whitford.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Whitford and then turned east". While Whitford could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Whitford as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Whitford could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Whitford) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Whitford. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WhitfordOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Whitford. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.8667, Longitude: -112.2167 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|