Welcome to Willingdon ...
The village of Willingdon is 2,020 feet [616 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Willingdon lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Willingdon: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Willingdon: T0B<3>
Communities near Willingdon ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Willingdon.
- Two Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Two Hills
- Two Hills lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Willingdon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Andrew
- Andrew lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the west of Willingdon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Andrew
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Boian
- Boian lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the east of Willingdon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Boian
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whitford
- Whitford lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Willingdon.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Whitford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whitford
- Hairy Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hairy Hill
- Hairy Hill lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Willingdon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hairy Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hamlin
- Hamlin lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Willingdon.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hamlin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hamlin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kaleland
- Kaleland lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Willingdon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kaleland
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wostok
- Wostok lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the west of Willingdon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wostok
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stry
- Stry lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Willingdon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stry
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Willingdon ...
Looking for more information about Willingdon? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Willingdon, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Willingdon.
Adding Willingdon to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
The earliest source that we've referenced which mentioned Willingdon was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Willingdon.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Willingdon. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Willingdon - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Willingdon). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Willingdon or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Willingdon) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Willingdon. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WillingdonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Willingdon. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.8333, Longitude: -112.1167 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|