Communities Also Named Linaria ...
We have found one communities that share the name Linaria.
Within Alberta, the name Linaria is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Linaria in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Cumberland County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Tennessee community of Linaria [Cumberland County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Linaria ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Birch Cove
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Birch Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birch Cove
- Birch Cove lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<3> to the south of Linaria
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birch Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clyde
- Clyde lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Linaria
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clyde
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Freedom
- Freedom lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the south of Linaria
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Freedom
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Highridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Highridge
- Highridge lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the south of Linaria
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Highridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Larkspur
- Larkspur lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Linaria
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Larkspur
- Tiger Lily
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tiger Lily came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tiger Lily
- Tiger Lily lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<3> to the west of Linaria
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tiger Lily
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Linaria. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Greg Polis (Professional hockey)
- Professional hockey. He was born in Westlock (Alberta) on Tueday August 8, 1950 and died in Victoria (British Columbia) on Sunday March 18, 2018 at the age of 67. He is buried at Dapp Cemetery (Alberta).
- Westlock is located 15 miles [24.1 km] to the southeast of Linaria.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Greg Polis<5>
How Far From Linaria to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Linaria to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Linaria and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 58 miles [93.3 km]<3> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could walk a straight line from Linaria to Edmonton, with an average speed<6> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of three days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take over two days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,790 miles [2,880.7 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 70 days and walking would take 102 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,210 miles [9,994 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,975 miles [11,225.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,076 miles [8,169 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Linaria. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Linaria could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Linaria) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Linaria. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Linaria
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Linaria. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.3173, Longitude: -114.1268
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Linaria to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.328 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 335.389 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.443 degrees.||