Welcome to Flatbush ...
Flatbush is 2,040 feet [622 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Flatbush lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Flatbush: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Flatbush: T0G<3>
Adding Flatbush to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Flatbush was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Flatbush on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Flatbush ...
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Flatbush.
Communities near Flatbush ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Flatbush.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jarvie
- Jarvie lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Flatbush
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jarvie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chisholm
- Chisholm lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the north of Flatbush
- Chisholm has also been known as:
- Chisholm Mills
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chisholm
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kilsyth
- Kilsyth lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the south of Flatbush
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kilsyth
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vega
- Vega lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the southwest of Flatbush
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vega
- Coolidge - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coolidge
- Coolidge was located 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the east of Flatbush
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Larkspur
- Larkspur lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the southeast of Flatbush
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Larkspur
- South Baptiste
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for South Baptiste
- South Baptiste lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the east of Flatbush
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South Baptiste
- West Baptiste
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Baptiste
- West Baptiste lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the east of Flatbush
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for West Baptiste came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Baptiste
- Whispering Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whispering Hills
- Whispering Hills lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the east of Flatbush
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Whispering Hills came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whispering Hills
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Flatbush ...
Looking for more information about Flatbush? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Flatbush, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Flatbush.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Flatbush. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Flatbush - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Flatbush). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Flatbush or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Flatbush) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Flatbush. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from FlatbushOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Flatbush. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.6895, Longitude: -114.1553 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|