Our Genealogy Helper for Legend ...
So far, we have found very little information about Legend. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Legend to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Legend, please Contact Us.
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Legend (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Legend. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Legend:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Legend ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Legend.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Legend covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Foremost Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Foremost Cemetery
- Foremost Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the east of Legend.
- Foremost Cemetery has also been known as:
- Foremost Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Foremost Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2209384<3>
- St. Joseph's Cemetery
- Westview Cemetery of Grassy Lake
- Nemiskam Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Nemiskam Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Nemiskam Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Nemiskam Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the east of Legend.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nemiskam Cemetery
- Assumption Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Assumption Cemetery
- The Assumption Cemetery is located 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Grassy Lake.More accurately, Assumption Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km] to the north of Legend.
- Assumption Cemetery has also been known as:
- Assumption Catholic Cemetery
- Assumption RC Cemetery
- Grassy Lake Catholic Cemetery
- Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Assumption Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2214187<3>
- Prairie Round Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Fertile Plains Cemetery
- Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the west of Legend.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2597601<3>
- Masinasin Cemetery
- Wrentham Cemetery
- Burdett Community Cemetery
- Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery
- Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the north of Legend.
- Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery has also been known as:
- Prairie View Cemetery
- Prairieview Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2444907<3>
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the northeast of Legend.
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Anthony RC Cemetery
- St. Anthony's Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2548158<3>
- Purple Springs Cemetery
- Bow Island Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Legend. See our List of 1890's Communities around Legend.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Legend, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Legend) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Legend. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LegendOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Legend. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4842, Longitude: -111.6084 |
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|