Communities Also Named Leavitt ...
We have found three communities that share the name Leavitt.
Within Alberta, the name Leavitt is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another three communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Lassen County
- This Leavitt is located in Lassen County and lies 697 miles [1,121.7 km]<1> to the south southwest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leavitt
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Lassen County community of Leavitt.
- Finney County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Kansas community of Leavitt [Finney County].
- Dodge County
- This community is historic<3> and although located in Dodge County, we don't know where within the .
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Dodge County community of Leavitt.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Leavitt ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Chief Mountain (15 miles [24.1 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chief Mountain
- Chief Mountain lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the southwest of Leavitt
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chief Mountain
- Hill Spring (11 miles [17.7 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hill Spring
- Hill Spring lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Leavitt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hill Spring came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hill Spring
- Hillspring (11 miles [17.7 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillspring
- Hillspring lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Leavitt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hillspring came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillspring
- Mountain View (7 miles [11.3 km] to the southwest)
- Pincher Creek (31 miles [49.9 km] to the northwest)
- Pincher Station (32 miles [51.5 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pincher Station
- Pincher Station lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Leavitt
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pincher Station
- Stand Off (20 miles [32.2 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stand Off
- Stand Off lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the north of Leavitt
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stand Off
- Twin Butte (19 miles [30.6 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Twin Butte
- Twin Butte lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the west of Leavitt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Twin Butte came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Twin Butte
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Twin Butte<5>
- Whiskey Gap (21 miles [33.8 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whiskey Gap
- Whiskey Gap lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Leavitt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Whiskey Gap came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whiskey Gap
How Far From Leavitt to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Leavitt to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Leavitt and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 301 miles [484.4 km]<1> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Leavitt to Edmonton, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take five to six hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 18 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 12 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,767 miles [2,843.7 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 69 days and walking would take 101 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,516 miles [10,486.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,284 miles [11,722.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,336 miles [8,587.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Leavitt
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Leavitt. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Leavitt) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Leavitt. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LeavittOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Leavitt. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.1741, Longitude: -113.4526 |
|<2>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Rock Creek to see Pete ... Rock Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Leavitt could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<3>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Leavitt, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Leavitt to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.699 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.254 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.83 degrees.||