Welcome to Lake Isle ...
Although we found mention of Lake Isle during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Lake Isle was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Lake Isle to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Lake Isle, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Lake Isle: Lk. Isle
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Lake Isle might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Lake Isle would be found within the (780) & (587)<2> area codes.
Communities near Lake Isle ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lake Isle.
- Alberta Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Evansburg
- Evansburg lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the west of Lake Isle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Evansburg came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Evansburg
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Evansburg<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sangudo
- Sangudo lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the northwest of Lake Isle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sangudo came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sangudo
- Meso West
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meso West
- Meso West lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the east of Lake Isle
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meso West
- Sunset Point
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunset Point
- Sunset Point lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the east of Lake Isle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunset Point came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunset Point
- Seba Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seba Beach
- Seba Beach lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Lake Isle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Seba Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seba Beach
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Seba Beach<4>
- Ross Haven
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ross Haven
- Ross Haven lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Lake Isle
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ross Haven
- Val Quentin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Val Quentin
- Val Quentin lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the east of Lake Isle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Val Quentin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Val Quentin
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lake Isle ...
Looking for more information about Lake Isle? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Lake Isle, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Lake Isle.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Lake Isle and then turned east". While Lake Isle could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Lake Isle as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Lake Isle could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lake Isle) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lake Isle. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lake IsleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lake Isle. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.6531, Longitude: -114.6668 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|