Welcome to Sangudo ...
The village of Sangudo is 2,220 feet [677 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Sangudo is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Sangudo lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Sangudo: (780) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Sangudo: T0E<3>
Communities near Sangudo ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Sangudo.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Peavine
- Peavine lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the north of Sangudo.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Peavine came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Peavine
- Silver Sands
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver Sands
- Silver Sands lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southeast of Sangudo.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Silver Sands
- South View
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for South View
- South View lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southeast of Sangudo.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for South View came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South View
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cosmo
- Cosmo lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northeast of Sangudo.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cosmo
- Rochfort Bridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rochfort Bridge
- Rochfort Bridge lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the west of Sangudo.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rochfort Bridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cherhill
- Cherhill lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Sangudo.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cherhill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rangeton
- Rangeton lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Sangudo.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rangeton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roselea
- Roselea lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the north of Sangudo.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roselea
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Darwell
- Darwell lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Sangudo.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Darwell came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Darwell
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Sangudo ...
Looking for more information about Sangudo? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Sangudo, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Sangudo.
Adding Sangudo to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Sangudo was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
We also found Sangudo on a map titled Shell Oil Map of Alberta (1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Sangudo on our Genealogy Page.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Sangudo. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Sangudo - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Sangudo). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Sangudo or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Sangudo) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Sangudo. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from SangudoOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Sangudo. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.8833, Longitude: -114.9000 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|