Communities Also Named Lafond ...
We have found one communities that share the name Lafond.
Within Alberta, the name Lafond is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Lafond in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Morrison County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Minnesota community of Lafond [Morrison County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Lafond ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Elk Point
- Flat Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flat Lake
- Flat Lake lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the northeast of Lafond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Flat Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flat Lake
- Goodfish Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goodfish Lake
- Goodfish Lake lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Lafond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Goodfish Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goodfish Lake
- Hairy Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hairy Hill
- Hairy Hill lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the southwest of Lafond
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hairy Hill
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Horseshoe Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Horseshoe Bay
- Horseshoe Bay lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the north of Lafond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Horseshoe Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Horseshoe Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hoselaw
- Hoselaw lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Lafond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hoselaw came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hoselaw
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Owlseye
- Owlseye lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the north of Lafond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Owlseye came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Owlseye
- Saddle Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saddle Lake
- Saddle Lake lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Lafond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saddle Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saddle Lake
- Two Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Two Hills
- Two Hills lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Lafond
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Hills
How Far From Lafond to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Lafond to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Lafond and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 86 miles [138.4 km]<2> to the west southwest (WSW). If you could drive a straight line from Lafond to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,681 miles [2,705.3 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 66 days and walking would take 96 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,186 miles [9,955.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,953 miles [11,189.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,029 miles [8,093.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lafond. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Rock Creek to see Pete ... Rock Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Lafond could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lafond) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lafond. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LafondOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lafond. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.9111, Longitude: -111.4710 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Lafond to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.183 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.934 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.733 degrees.||