Our Genealogy Helper for Kountry Meadows ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Kountry Meadows (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Kountry Meadows. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Kountry Meadows:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Kountry Meadows ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Kountry Meadows.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Kountry Meadows covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Kuusamo Cemetery
- Eckville Cemetery
- West Meadows Cemetery
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lakeview Cemetery
- Lakeview Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the east of Kountry Meadows.
- Lakeview Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lake View Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakeview Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2379295<1>
- Vig Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Vig Cemetery
- Vig Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Kountry Meadows.
- Vig Cemetery has also been known as:
- Vig Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vig Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2418719<1>
- Aspelund Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Aspelund Cemetery
- The Aspelund Cemetery is located 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Red Deer.To be more accurate, Aspelund Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km] to the east of Kountry Meadows.
- Aspelund Cemetery has also been known as:
- Aspeland Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aspelund Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2500225<1>
- Bentley Colony Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bentley Colony Cemetery
- The Bentley Colony Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Bentley.Stated another way, Bentley Colony Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km] to the northeast of Kountry Meadows.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bentley Colony Cemetery
- Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- The Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery is located 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> to the north of Bentley.To be precise, Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km] to the northeast of Kountry Meadows.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- Bentley Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bentley Cemetery
- The Bentley Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the southeast of Bentley.To be more precise, Bentley Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Kountry Meadows.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bentley Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2414665<1>
- Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery
- Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Kountry Meadows.
- Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Woody Nook Cemetery
- Woody Nook Christian Reformed Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2663035<1>
- Bradshaw Cemetery
- Horseguard Cemetery
- Continue List (20 more) ...
- Mt. Calvary RC Cemetery
- Red Deer Cemetery
- Blackfalds Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Kountry Meadows. See our List of 1890's Communities around Kountry Meadows.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kountry Meadows. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Kountry Meadows) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kountry Meadows. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Kountry MeadowsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kountry Meadows. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3129, Longitude: -114.2784 |