Curious and Interesting Names Near Kinsella ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenshields
- Greenshields lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the southeast of Kinsella
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greenshields came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenshields
- Paradise Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise Valley
- Paradise Valley lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<1> to the east of Kinsella
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradise Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viking
- Viking lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the west of Kinsella
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Viking came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Viking<3>
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Kinsella. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- William Ernest 'Ernie' Kenny (Professional hockey)
How Far From Kinsella to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Kinsella to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Kinsella and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 100 miles [160.9 km]<1> to the west northwest (WNW). If you could drive a straight line from Kinsella to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 6 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take three full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,666 miles [2,681.2 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 65 days and walking would take 95 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,235 miles [10,034.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,003 miles [11,270.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,069 miles [8,157.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kinsella. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Kinsella) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kinsella. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KinsellaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kinsella. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.0313, Longitude: -111.2301 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Kinsella to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.99 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.637 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.745 degrees.||