Our Genealogy Helper for Juno ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Juno (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Juno. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Juno:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Juno ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Juno.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Juno covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Burdett Community Cemetery
- Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery
- Assumption Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Assumption Cemetery
- The Assumption Cemetery is located 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Grassy Lake.More precisely, Assumption Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km] to the south of Juno.
- Assumption Cemetery has also been known as:
- Assumption Catholic Cemetery
- Assumption RC Cemetery
- Grassy Lake Catholic Cemetery
- Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Assumption Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2214187<1>
- Bow Island Cemetery
- Westview Cemetery of Grassy Lake
- Purple Springs Cemetery
- Fertile Plains Cemetery
- St. Joseph's Cemetery
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- The St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery is located 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the south of Etzikom.To be more accurate, St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km] to the east of Juno.
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Anthony RC Cemetery
- St. Anthony's Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2548158<1>
- Foremost Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Foremost Cemetery
- Foremost Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the south of Juno.
- Foremost Cemetery has also been known as:
- Foremost Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Foremost Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2209384<1>
- Whitla Cemetery
- Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery
- The Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the north of Taber.Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the west of Juno.
- Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery has also been known as:
- Taber Cemetery
- Taber Memorial Cemetery
- Taber Memorial Gardens
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2207513<1>
- Continue List (12 more) ...
- Nemiskam Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Nemiskam Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Nemiskam Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Nemiskam Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Juno.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nemiskam Cemetery
- Rolling Hills Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Juno. See our List of 1890's Communities around Juno.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Juno. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Juno) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Juno. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from JunoOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Juno. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.8149, Longitude: -111.5964 |
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|