Around John D'Or Prairie ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Fort Vermilion. It is located about 32 miles [51 km] to the west of John D'Or Prairie.
The next largest community is Beaver Ranch 163.
It is located about 22 miles [ km] to the west of John D'Or Prairie
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from John D'Or Prairie.<2>
- Adams Landing (8 miles [12.9 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Adams Landing
- Adams Landing lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the south of John D'Or Prairie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Adams Landing
- Beaver Ranch 163 (22 miles [35.4 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Ranch 163
- Beaver Ranch 163 lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the west of John D'Or Prairie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Ranch 163 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Ranch 163
- Fort Vermilion (32 miles [51.5 km] to the west)
- Fox Lake (22 miles [35.4 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fox Lake
- Fox Lake lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the east of John D'Or Prairie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fox Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fox Lake
Curious and Interesting Names Near John D'Or Prairie ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for John D'Or Prairie.
Airports Near John D'Or Prairie ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to John D'Or Prairie and that information can be found on the Airports Page for John D'Or Prairie.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for John D'Or Prairie were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- John D'Or Prairie) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for John D'Or Prairie. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from John D'Or PrairieOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in John D'Or Prairie. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.5000, Longitude: -115.1333 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to John D'Or Prairie), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|