Welcome to John D'Or Prairie ...
Although we found mention of John D'Or Prairie during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how John D'Or Prairie was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added John D'Or Prairie to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with John D'Or Prairie, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that John D'Or Prairie might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that John D'Or Prairie would be found within the (780) and (587)<2> area codes.
Communities near John D'Or Prairie ...
We have created a list of 6 communities that are near John D'Or Prairie.
- Adams Landing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Adams Landing
- Adams Landing lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the south of John D'Or Prairie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Adams Landing
- Beaver Ranch 163
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Ranch 163 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Ranch 163
- Beaver Ranch 163 lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the west of John D'Or Prairie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Ranch 163
- Fox Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fox Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fox Lake
- Fox Lake lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the east of John D'Or Prairie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fox Lake
- Fort Vermilion
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fort Vermilion came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Vermilion
- Fort Vermilion lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<3> to the west of John D'Or Prairie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort Vermilion
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Fort Vermilion<5>
- Buffalo Head Prairie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Buffalo Head Prairie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buffalo Head Prairie
- Buffalo Head Prairie lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<3> to the southwest of John D'Or Prairie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buffalo Head Prairie
- La Crete
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for La Crete came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for La Crete
- La Crete lies 50 miles [80.5 km]<3> to the southwest of John D'Or Prairie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on La Crete
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for La Crete<5>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for John D'Or Prairie ...
Looking for more information about John D'Or Prairie? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to John D'Or Prairie, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for John D'Or Prairie.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past John D'Or Prairie and then turned west". While John D'Or Prairie could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added John D'Or Prairie as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that John D'Or Prairie could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- John D'Or Prairie) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for John D'Or Prairie. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from John D'Or Prairie
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in John D'Or Prairie. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.5000, Longitude: -115.1333
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|