List of Neighboring Cemeteries ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Janet (within 40 miles [64.4 km]<1>). The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
The following cemeteries are located in .
- Acme Cemetery
- The Acme Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the northwest of Acme.
- To be precise, Acme Cemetery lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Janet.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Acme Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Acme Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2295690<2>
- Airdrie Cemetery
- Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Blackie Cemetery
- Burnsland Cemetery
- Carstairs Cemetery
- Chevra Kadisha Cemetery
- Chinese Cemetery
- Crossfield Cemetery
- Dalemead Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Davisburg Cemetery
- Eden Brook Memorial Gardens
- Frankburg Cemetery
- Gleichen Cemetery
- Highwood Cemetery
- Jewish Cemetery
- Jewish Memorial Chapel Cemetery
- Mitford Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Mitford Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Mitford Cemetery lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the northwest of Janet.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mitford Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mitford Cemetery
- Mt. View Mennonite Cemetery
- Mountain View Memorial Gardens
- Okotoks Cemetery
- Queen's Park Cemetery
- Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery
- St. Andrew's Cemetery
- St. Barnabas Anglican Church Cemetery
- St. Marys Cemetery
- Saint Mary's Cemetery
- St. Mary's Pioneer Cemetery
- Saint Mary's Pioneer Cemetery
- Springbank United Church Cemetery
- Standard Cemetery
- Strathmore Cemetery
- Union Cemetery
- West Brook Cemetery
- Zion United Cemetery
In Closing ...
If you know of any cemeteries that we are missing in the area of Janet, can you supply us with the name of the cemetery, its GPS location, whether the cemetery is still in use or if it is historic (ie- defunct, abandoned, etc.). If it applies, we would also like to learn of any past or alternate names that the cemetery has been known by.
If you don't know the GPS location (ie- the latitude/longitude) of a cemetery, please use our Map Page for Janet to determine the cemetery's position (the instructions for finding the latitude/longitude can be found below the map).
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Janet.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
Looking for information about genealogy? These are excellent websites to start with when searching in and around the area of Janet:
Links at Cyndi's List:
for Province of Alberta
Links at Family Search:
for Province of Alberta
We have a longer, more detailed list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Janet.
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Janet) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Janet. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Janet
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Janet. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.0167, Longitude: -113.8667
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|