Our Genealogy Helper for Hillcrest Mines (aka 'Hillcrest') ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Hillcrest Mines (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Hillcrest Mines. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Name Variations for Hillcrest Mines ...
When searching records, keep in mind that names and their spelling can change over time. Our sources include documents like maps, railroad schedules, Travel, Express and Shipping Guides. Many of these documents date from the 1800's and it's common to find spelling differences.
Although we can't give a definitive list, hopefully the following will give you a feel for the variations that might have occurred.
Hillcrest Mines has also been known as: Hillcrest.
If you have information about these names (such as the reason for the change, date of change, the origin of the name), please Contact Us.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Hillcrest Mines:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
- Stories from British Columbia
Cemeteries Near Hillcrest Mines ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Hillcrest Mines.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Hillcrest Mines covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Hillcrest Mines Cemetery
- Passburg Cemetery
- Bellevue Union Cemetery
- St. Cyril's Catholic Cemetery
- Blairmore Union Cemetery (Old)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Blairmore Union Cemetery (Old)
- The Blairmore Union Cemetery (Old) is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the northeast of Blairmore.
- Blairmore Union Cemetery (Old) has also been known as:
- Blairmore Union Cemetery
- Old Blairmore Union Cemetery
- Old Union Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blairmore Union Cemetery (Old)
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2274934<1>
- St. Annes RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Annes RC Cemetery
- The St. Annes RC Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the north of Blairmore.
- St. Annes RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- Blairmore Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Annes RC Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2316391<1>
- Continue List ...
- Blairmore Union Cemetery (New)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Blairmore Union Cemetery (New)
- The Blairmore Union Cemetery (New) is located outside and to the north of Blairmore.
- Blairmore Union Cemetery (New) has also been known as:
- Miner's Union New Cemetery
- New Blairmore Union Cemetery
- New Union Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blairmore Union Cemetery (New)
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2445875<1>
- Lille Cemetery
- Coleman Union Cemetery
- Coleman Catholic Cemetery
- United Doukhobors of Alberta Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the United Doukhobors of Alberta Cemetery
- United Doukhobors of Alberta Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the east of Hillcrest Mines.
- United Doukhobors of Alberta Cemetery has also been known as:
- Doukhobor Cemetery
- United Doukhobors Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on United Doukhobors of Alberta Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2526341<1>
- Cowley Cemetery
- Livingstone Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Livingstone Cemetery
- Livingstone Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Hillcrest Mines.
- Livingstone Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. George's Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Livingstone Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2453569<1>
- Pincher Creek Colony
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Pincher Creek Colony
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Pincher Creek Colony. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Pincher Creek Colony lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the east of Hillcrest Mines.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pincher Creek Colony
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2660492<1>
- Pincher Creek Pioneer Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Hillcrest Mines. See our List of 1890's Communities around Hillcrest Mines.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hillcrest Mines. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hillcrest Mines) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hillcrest Mines. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Hillcrest MinesOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hillcrest Mines. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.5696, Longitude: -114.3767 |
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|