Communities Also Named Heisler ...
We have found one communities that share the name Heisler.
Within Alberta, the name Heisler is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Heisler in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Phillips County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Kansas community of Heisler [Phillips County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Heisler ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Alliance (24 miles [38.6 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alliance
- Alliance lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the southeast of Heisler
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alliance
- Daysland (13 miles [20.9 km] to the north)
- Forestburg (8 miles [12.9 km] to the southeast)
- Galahad (16 miles [25.7 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galahad
- Galahad lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Heisler
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galahad
- Meeting Creek (21 miles [33.8 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meeting Creek
- Meeting Creek lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the west of Heisler
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meeting Creek
- New Norway (33 miles [53.1 km] to the northwest)
- Red Willow (21 miles [33.8 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Heisler
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
- Viking (33 miles [53.1 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viking
- Viking lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Heisler
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Viking came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Viking<3>
How Far From Heisler to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Heisler to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Heisler and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 80 miles [128.7 km]<2> to the northwest (NW). If you could drive a straight line from Heisler to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,706 miles [2,745.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 67 days and walking would take 97 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,277 miles [10,101.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,044 miles [11,336.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,115 miles [8,231.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Heisler
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Heisler. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Heisler could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Heisler) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Heisler. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HeislerOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Heisler. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.6701, Longitude: -112.2239 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Heisler to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.786 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.506 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.47 degrees.||