Curious and Interesting Names Near Hartell ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Black Diamond (11 miles [17.7 km] to the west)
- Blackie (16 miles [25.7 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackie
- Blackie lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Hartell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackie
- Deer Run (14 miles [22.5 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Run
- Deer Run lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the north of Hartell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Run
- Forest Lawn (21 miles [33.8 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Forest Lawn
- Forest Lawn lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the north of Hartell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Forest Lawn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forest Lawn
- Haysboro (18 miles [29 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Haysboro
- Haysboro lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the north of Hartell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Haysboro
- High River (10 miles [16.1 km] to the southeast)
- Janet (21 miles [33.8 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Janet
- Janet lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the north of Hartell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Janet came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Janet
- Longview (17 miles [27.4 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Longview
- Longview lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Hartell
- Former names for Longview:
- Little Chicago
- New York
- Little New York
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Longview
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Longview<2>
- Signal Hill (22 miles [35.4 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Signal Hill
- Signal Hill lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the northwest of Hartell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Signal Hill
- Two Guns (18 miles [29 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Two Guns
- Two Guns lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the northwest of Hartell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Guns
How Far From Hartell to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Hartell to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Hartell and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 196 miles [315.4 km]<1> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Hartell to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 12 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,782 miles [2,867.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 70 days and walking would take 102 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,431 miles [10,349.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,198 miles [11,584.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,267 miles [8,476.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Hartell
Mentions & References for Hartell
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hartell. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hartell) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hartell. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.7167, Longitude: -113.9667 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Hartell to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.157 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.903 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.939 degrees.||