Curious and Interesting Names Near Hardisty ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Alliance (25 miles [40.2 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alliance
- Alliance lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the southwest of Hardisty
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alliance
- Coronation (40 miles [64.4 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coronation
- Coronation lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<1> to the south of Hardisty
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coronation
- Czar (25 miles [40.2 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Czar
- Czar lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the southeast of Hardisty
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Czar
- Forestburg (32 miles [51.5 km] to the west)
- Galahad (28 miles [45.1 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galahad
- Galahad lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the southwest of Hardisty
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galahad
- Greenshields (23 miles [37 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenshields
- Greenshields lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the east of Hardisty
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greenshields came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenshields
- Viking (34 miles [54.7 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viking
- Viking lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Hardisty
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Viking came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Viking<2>
How Far From Hardisty to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Hardisty to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Hardisty and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 109 miles [175.4 km]<1> to the northwest (NW). If you could drive a straight line from Hardisty to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,667 miles [2,682.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 66 days and walking would take 95 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,259 miles [10,072.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,026 miles [11,307.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,090 miles [8,191.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Hardisty
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hardisty. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hardisty) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hardisty. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HardistyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hardisty. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.6744, Longitude: -111.3058 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Hardisty to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.049 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.672 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.863 degrees.||