Communities Also Named Half Moon Lake ...
We have found one communities that share the name Half Moon Lake.
Within Alberta, the name Half Moon Lake is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Half Moon Lake in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Washington County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Illinois community of Half Moon Lake [Washington County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Half Moon Lake ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Beverly (14 miles [22.5 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beverly
- Beverly lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Half Moon Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beverly came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beverly
- Cooking Lake (3 miles [4.8 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cooking Lake
- Cooking Lake lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the south of Half Moon Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cooking Lake
- Gold Bar (14 miles [22.5 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gold Bar
- Gold Bar lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Half Moon Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gold Bar came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gold Bar
- Hay Lakes (18 miles [29 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hay Lakes
- Hay Lakes lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the south of Half Moon Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hay Lakes
- Hazeldean (16 miles [25.7 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hazeldean
- Hazeldean lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the west of Half Moon Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hazeldean
- Hercules (10 miles [16.1 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hercules
- Hercules lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the west of Half Moon Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hercules came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hercules
- Rolly View (17 miles [27.4 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rolly View
- Rolly View lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Half Moon Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rolly View came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rolly View
- Virginia Park (16 miles [25.7 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Virginia Park
- Virginia Park lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Half Moon Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Virginia Park
How Far From Half Moon Lake to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Half Moon Lake to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Half Moon Lake and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the west northwest (WNW). If you could walk a straight line from Half Moon Lake to Edmonton, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take five to six hours.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,744 miles [2,806.7 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 69 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,244 miles [10,048.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,011 miles [11,283.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,096 miles [8,201.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Half Moon Lake
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Half Moon Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Rock Creek to see Pete ... Rock Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Half Moon Lake could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Half Moon Lake) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Half Moon Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Half Moon LakeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Half Moon Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.4581, Longitude: -113.0923 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Half Moon Lake to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.489 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.371 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.904 degrees.||