Communities Also Named Gull Lake ...
We have found four communities that share the name Gull Lake.
Within Alberta, the name Gull Lake is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another four communities that are located throughout in Canada and the United States. Of these four communities, .
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- This Gull Lake lies 762 miles [1,226.3 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gull Lake
- Barry County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Michigan community of Gull Lake [Barry County].
- Kalamazoo County
- This Gull Lake is located in Kalamazoo County and lies 1,491 miles [2,399.5 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gull Lake
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Kalamazoo County community of Gull Lake.
- This Gull Lake lies 286 miles [460.3 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gull Lake
Curious and Interesting Names Near Gull Lake ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Birchcliff (10 miles [16.1 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birchcliff
- Birchcliff lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the southwest of Gull Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Birchcliff came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birchcliff
- Half Moon Bay (12 miles [19.3 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Gull Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Half Moon Bay
- Leedale (24 miles [38.6 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leedale
- Leedale lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the west of Gull Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Leedale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leedale
- Markerville (23 miles [37 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Markerville
- Markerville lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southwest of Gull Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Markerville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Markerville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Markerville<4>
- Red Deer (14 miles [22.5 km] to the south)
- Rosedale Valley (8 miles [12.9 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosedale Valley
- Rosedale Valley lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the east of Gull Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosedale Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosedale Valley
- Springbrook (19 miles [30.6 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springbrook
- Springbrook lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the south of Gull Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springbrook
- Sunbreaker Cove (11 miles [17.7 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunbreaker Cove
- Sunbreaker Cove lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Gull Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunbreaker Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunbreaker Cove
How Far From Gull Lake to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Gull Lake to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Gull Lake and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 76 miles [122.3 km]<1> to the north northeast (NNE). If you could drive a straight line from Gull Lake to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,777 miles [2,859.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 70 days and walking would take 101 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,321 miles [10,172.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,088 miles [11,407 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,171 miles [8,321.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Gull Lake
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Gull Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Gull Lake) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Gull Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Gull LakeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Gull Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4640, Longitude: -113.9360 |
|<2>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Gull Lake could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Gull Lake to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.163 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 335.052 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.641 degrees.||