Around Geikie ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Jasper. It lies just east of Geikie.
The next largest community is Brule.
It is located about 34 miles [ km] to the northeast of Geikie
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadomin
- Cadomin lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the east of Geikie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadomin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pocahontas
- Pocahontas lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Geikie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pocahontas came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pocahontas
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lucerne
- Lucerne lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the west of Geikie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lucerne came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lucerne
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Yellowhead
- Yellowhead lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the west of Geikie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Yellowhead came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yellowhead
Curious and Interesting Names Near Geikie ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Geikie.
Airports Near Geikie ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Geikie and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Geikie.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Geikie. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Geikie were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Geikie) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Geikie. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.8667, Longitude: -118.2667 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Geikie), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|