Around Gadsby ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Stettler. It is located about 15 miles [24 km] to the west of Gadsby.
The next largest community is Killam.
It is located about 39 miles [ km] to the northeast of Gadsby
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Battle River (18 miles [29 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Battle River
- Battle River lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the east of Gadsby
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Battle River
- Botha (7 miles [11.3 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Botha
- Botha lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the west of Gadsby
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Botha
- Byemoor (20 miles [32.2 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Byemoor
- Byemoor lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the south of Gadsby
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Byemoor came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Byemoor
- Castor (19 miles [30.6 km] to the east)
- Donalda (21 miles [33.8 km] to the northwest)
- Erskine (22 miles [35.4 km] to the west)
- Fenn (19 miles [30.6 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fenn
- Fenn lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the southwest of Gadsby
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fenn
- Forestburg (22 miles [35.4 km] to the northeast)
- Galahad (23 miles [37 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galahad
- Galahad lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northeast of Gadsby
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galahad
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Halkirk (8 miles [12.9 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Halkirk
- Halkirk lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the east of Gadsby
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Halkirk
- Leo (16 miles [25.7 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leo
- Leo lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the south of Gadsby
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Leo. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leo
- Red Willow (13 miles [20.9 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Willow
- Red Willow lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Gadsby
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Willow
- Sabine (12 miles [19.3 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sabine
- Sabine lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Gadsby
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sabine
- Stettler (15 miles [24.1 km] to the west)
- White Sands (22 miles [35.4 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for White Sands
- White Sands lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Gadsby
- Jump to Google Maps centered on White Sands
Curious and Interesting Names Near Gadsby ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Gadsby.
Airports Near Gadsby ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Gadsby and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Gadsby.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Gadsby
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Gadsby. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Gadsby were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Gadsby) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Gadsby. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GadsbyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Gadsby. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3000, Longitude: -112.3500 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Gadsby), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|