Communities Also Named Foothills ...
We have found one communities that share the name Foothills.
Within Alberta, the name Foothills is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Foothills in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Salt Lake County
- This Foothills is located in Salt Lake County and lies 896 miles [1,442 km]<1> to the south southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Foothills
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Salt Lake County community of Foothills.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Foothills ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bickerdike came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bickerdike
- Bickerdike lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the north of Foothills
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bickerdike
- Medicine Lodge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Medicine Lodge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Medicine Lodge
- Medicine Lodge lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the north of Foothills
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Medicine Lodge
- Mountain Park - Historic
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Mountain Park. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mountain Park
- Mountain Park was located 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Foothills
How Far From Foothills to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Foothills to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Foothills and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 139 miles [223.7 km]<1> to the east northeast (ENE). If you could drive a straight line from Foothills to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 8 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,896 miles [3,051.3 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 74 days and walking would take 108 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,333 miles [10,192 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,097 miles [11,421.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,210 miles [8,384.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Foothills) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Foothills. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.0667, Longitude: -116.7833
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Foothills to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 336.482 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 337.73 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.449 degrees.||