Communities Also Named Foothills ...
We have found one communities that share the name Foothills.
Within Alberta, the name Foothills is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Foothills in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Salt Lake County
- This Foothills is located in Salt Lake County and lies 896 miles [1,442 km]<1> to the south southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Foothills
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Salt Lake County community of Foothills.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Foothills ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
In the vicinity of Foothills, Mountain Park (now historic) was located 22 miles [35.4 km] to the Southwest
How Far From Foothills to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Foothills to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Foothills and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 139 miles [223.7 km]<1> to the east northeast (ENE). If you could drive a straight line from Foothills to Edmonton, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 8 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,896 miles [3,051.3 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 74 days and walking would take 108 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,333 miles [10,192 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,097 miles [11,421.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,210 miles [8,384.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Foothills
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Foothills) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Foothills. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.0667, Longitude: -116.7833 |
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Foothills to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 336.482 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 337.73 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.449 degrees.|