Our Genealogy Helper for Etzikom ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Etzikom (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Etzikom. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Etzikom:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Etzikom ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Etzikom.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Etzikom covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Nemiskam Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Nemiskam Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Nemiskam Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- Nemiskam Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the west of Etzikom.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nemiskam Cemetery
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the north of Etzikom.
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Anthony RC Cemetery
- St. Anthony's Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2548158<3>
- Fertile Plains Cemetery
- St. Joseph's Cemetery
- Foremost Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Foremost Cemetery
- Foremost Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the west of Etzikom.
- Foremost Cemetery has also been known as:
- Foremost Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Foremost Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2209384<3>
- Manyberries Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Pendant d'Oreille Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Pendant d'Oreille Cemetery
- The Pendant d'Oreille Cemetery is located 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Manyberries.Pendant d'Oreille Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km] to the southeast of Etzikom.
- Pendant d'Oreille Cemetery has also been known as:
- Jensen Cemetery
- Pleasant Plain Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pendant d'Oreille Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2469428<3>
- Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery
- The Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery is located 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Manyberries.More precisely, Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km] to the east of Etzikom.
- Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery has also been known as:
- Finnish Little Knoll Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2548173<3>
- Pleasant View Cemetery
- New Home Cemetery
- Prairie Round Cemetery
- Bow Island Cemetery
- Assumption Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Assumption Cemetery
- The Assumption Cemetery is located 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Grassy Lake.More precisely, Assumption Cemetery lies 28 miles [45.1 km] to the northwest of Etzikom.
- Assumption Cemetery has also been known as:
- Assumption Catholic Cemetery
- Assumption RC Cemetery
- Grassy Lake Catholic Cemetery
- Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Assumption Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2214187<3>
- Seven Persons Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Etzikom. See our List of 1890's Communities around Etzikom.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions for Etzikom ...
With our Gazetteer, we add the names of communities whenever we see them mentioned - frequently found in old books or maps. Usually we don't have any details that go with the name, but we'll eventually find documents that will give us a fact here or a snippet there. We've created the following list to keep track of the documents we found useful in adding to our knowledge about Etzikom.
We hope that the following list of documents will be of interest to you.
Shell Oil Road Map for Southern Alberta (1951)
Published by Shell Oil Company
for Etzikom. See our Misc Page for Etzikom for more information.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Etzikom. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Etzikom) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Etzikom. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EtzikomOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Etzikom. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4788, Longitude: -111.1068 |
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|