List of Neighboring Cemeteries ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Elkton (within 40 miles [64.4 km]<1>). The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
The following cemeteries are located in .
- Airdrie Cemetery
- Bergen Cemetery
- Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- The Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery is located 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Carstairs.More precisely, Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km] to the east of Elkton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Big Prairie Cemetery
- Caroline Cemetery
- Carstairs Cemetery
- Cremona Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Cremona Cemetery
- The Cremona Cemetery is located less than 2 miles<1> to the northwest of Cremona.To be more precise, Cremona Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km] to the south of Elkton.
- Cremona Cemetery has also been known as:
- Cemona Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cremona Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2513584<2>
- Crossfield Cemetery
- Didsbury Cemetery
- Eagle Hill Cemetery
- Hainstock Cemetery
- Innisfail Cemetery
- Mayton Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mayton Cemetery
- The Mayton Cemetery is located outside and to the northwest of Torrington.More precisely, Mayton Cemetery lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Elkton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mayton Cemetery
- Mitford Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mitford Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Mitford Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Mitford Cemetery lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the south of Elkton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mitford Cemetery
- Olds Cemetery
- St. Andrew's Cemetery
- St. Mary's RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Mary's RC Cemetery
- The St. Mary's RC Cemetery is located in Cochrane.More precisely, St. Mary's RC Cemetery lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the south of Elkton.
- St. Mary's RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Mary's RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Mary's RC Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1980174<2>
- Springbank United Church Cemetery
- Sundre & District Cemetery
- Wesley Cemetery
- West Brook Cemetery
In Closing ...
If you know of any cemeteries that we are missing in the area of Elkton, can you supply us with the name of the cemetery, its GPS location, whether the cemetery is still in use or if it is historic (ie- defunct, abandoned, etc.). If it applies, we would also like to learn of any past or alternate names that the cemetery has been known by.
If you don't know the GPS location (ie- the latitude/longitude) of a cemetery, please use our Map Page for Elkton to determine the cemetery's position (the instructions for finding the latitude/longitude can be found below the map).
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Elkton.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Elkton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
Need help with your genealogy? These are excellent websites to start with when searching in and around the area of Elkton:
Links at Cyndi's List:
for Province of Alberta
Links at Family Search:
for Province of Alberta
We have a longer, more detailed list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Elkton.
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Elkton) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Elkton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.6500, Longitude: -114.5333 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|