Communities Also Named Eckville ...
We have found one communities that share the name Eckville.
Within Alberta, the name Eckville is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Eckville in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Berks County
- This Eckville is located in Berks County and lies 1,968 miles [3,167.2 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eckville
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Berks County community of Eckville.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Eckville ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birchcliff
- Birchcliff lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the east of Eckville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Birchcliff came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birchcliff
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Condor
- Condor lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the west of Eckville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Condor
- Gull Lake
- Half Moon Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the east of Eckville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Half Moon Bay
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leedale
- Leedale lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the north of Eckville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Leedale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leedale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leslieville
- Leslieville lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the west of Eckville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leslieville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Markerville
- Markerville lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the southeast of Eckville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Markerville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Markerville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Markerville<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Raven
- Raven lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the south of Eckville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Raven came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Raven
- Spruce View
- Sunbreaker Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunbreaker Cove
- Sunbreaker Cove lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the east of Eckville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunbreaker Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunbreaker Cove
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Eckville. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- George Trenholm Allen (Professional hockey)
- Professional hockey. He was born on Monday July 27, 1914 and died in Red Deer (Alberta) on Monday March 27, 2000 at the age of 85. He is buried at Alto Reste Cemetery (Alberta).
- Red Deer is located 24 miles [38.6 km] to the east of Eckville.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: George Trenholm Allen<4>
- Oscar Ingolfur 'Ossie' Asmundson (Professional hockey)
How Far From Eckville to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Eckville to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Eckville and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 89 miles [143.2 km]<1> to the north northeast (NNE). If you could drive a straight line from Eckville to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,795 miles [2,888.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 71 days and walking would take 102 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,336 miles [10,196.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,102 miles [11,429.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,188 miles [8,349.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Eckville: www.eckville.com/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Eckville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Eckville. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EckvilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Eckville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3611, Longitude: -114.3680 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Eckville to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.511 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 335.438 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.945 degrees.||