Welcome to Eastburg ...
Although we found mention of Eastburg during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Eastburg was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Eastburg to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Eastburg, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Eastburg might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Eastburg would be found within the (780) & (587)<2> area codes.
Communities near Eastburg ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Eastburg.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clyde
- Clyde lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the east of Eastburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clyde
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pickardville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pickardville
- Pickardville lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the east of Eastburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pickardville
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vimy
- Vimy lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the east of Eastburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vimy
- Sunrise Beach
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunrise Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunrise Beach
- Sunrise Beach lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the south of Eastburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunrise Beach
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Busby came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Busby
- Busby lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Eastburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Busby
- Nakamun Park
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nakamun Park came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nakamun Park
- Nakamun Park lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the south of Eastburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nakamun Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pibroch
- Pibroch lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the northeast of Eastburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pibroch
- Birch Cove
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Birch Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birch Cove
- Birch Cove lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the southwest of Eastburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birch Cove
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Eastburg ...
Looking for more information about Eastburg? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Eastburg, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Eastburg.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Eastburg and then turned east". While Eastburg could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Eastburg as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Eastburg could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Eastburg) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Eastburg. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.0720, Longitude: -114.0768
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|