Communities Also Named Delph ...
We have found one communities that share the name Delph.
Within Alberta, the name Delph is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Delph in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Columbia County
- This community is historic<1> and we have very little information. For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Georgia community of Delph [Columbia County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Delph ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Deerland (14 miles [22.5 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deerland
- Deerland lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Delph
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Deerland came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deerland
- Hollow Lake (12 miles [19.3 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hollow Lake
- Hollow Lake lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the north of Delph
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hollow Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hollow Lake
- Opal (22 miles [35.4 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Opal
- Opal lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the west of Delph
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Opal came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Opal
- Redwater (19 miles [30.6 km] to the southwest)
- Smoky Lake (8 miles [12.9 km] to the east)
- Sprucefield (9 miles [14.5 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sprucefield
- Sprucefield lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Delph
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sprucefield came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sprucefield
- Star (17 miles [27.4 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Star
- Star lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the south of Delph
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Star
- Weasel Creek (12 miles [19.3 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Weasel Creek
- Weasel Creek lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Delph
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Weasel Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Weasel Creek
How Far From Delph to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Delph to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Delph and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 49 miles [78.9 km]<2> to the southwest (SW). If you could walk a straight line from Delph to Edmonton, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take about three full days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of two days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,731 miles [2,785.8 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,199 miles [9,976.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,965 miles [11,209.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,052 miles [8,130.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Delph
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Delph. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Delph, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Delph) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Delph. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.0722, Longitude: -112.6789 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Delph to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.156 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.046 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.512 degrees.||