Curious and Interesting Names Near Daysland ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bruce
- Bruce lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the north of Daysland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bruce came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bruce
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galahad
- Galahad lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Daysland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galahad
- Meeting Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meeting Creek
- Meeting Creek lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southwest of Daysland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meeting Creek
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- New Norway
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poe
- Poe lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the north of Daysland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poe
- Round Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Round Hill
- Round Hill lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Daysland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Round Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viking
- Viking lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the northeast of Daysland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Viking came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Viking<3>
How Far From Daysland to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Daysland to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Daysland and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 69 miles [111 km]<1> to the northwest (NW). If you could walk a straight line from Daysland to Edmonton, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take three full days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take about three full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,708 miles [2,748.8 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 67 days and walking would take 97 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,265 miles [10,082.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,032 miles [11,316.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,105 miles [8,215.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Daysland. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Daysland) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Daysland. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DayslandOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Daysland. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.8666, Longitude: -112.2592 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Daysland to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.815 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.557 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.458 degrees.||