Communities Also Named Cremona ...
We have found five communities that share the name Cremona.
Within Alberta, the name Cremona is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another five communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Allen County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Kansas community of Cremona [Allen County].
- Anderson County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information. For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Kansas community of Cremona [Anderson County].
- Neosho County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information. For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Kansas community of Cremona [Neosho County].
- Saint Mary's County
- This Cremona is located in Saint Mary's County and lies 2,026 miles [3,260.5 km]<2> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cremona
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Saint Mary's County community of Cremona.
- Cumberland County
- This community is historic<3> and we have very little information. For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Virginia community of Cremona [Cumberland County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Cremona ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Balzac
- Balzac lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Cremona
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Balzac came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Balzac
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Balzac<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dickson
- Dickson lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> to the north of Cremona
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dickson came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dickson
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dogpound
- Dogpound lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Cremona
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dogpound
- Eagle Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eagle Hill
- Eagle Hill lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the north of Cremona
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Eagle Hill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eagle Hill
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Ghost Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ghost Lake
- Ghost Lake lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Cremona
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ghost Lake
- Heritage Woods
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heritage Woods
- Heritage Woods lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> to the south of Cremona
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heritage Woods
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Olds
- Olds lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northeast of Cremona
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Olds came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Olds
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Olds<5>
- Water Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Water Valley
- Water Valley lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Cremona
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Water Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Water Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Water Valley<5>
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Cremona. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Gary Ralph Buck (Musician)
- Musician. He was born on Thursday March 21, 1940 and died in Didsbury (Alberta) on Wednesday October 15, 2003 at the age of 63. He is buried at Didsbury Cemetery (Alberta).
- Didsbury is located 17 miles [27.4 km] to the northeast of Cremona.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Gary Ralph Buck<6>
How Far From Cremona to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Cremona to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Cremona and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 144 miles [231.7 km]<2> to the north northeast (NNE). If you could drive a straight line from Cremona to Edmonton, with an average speed<7>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 9 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,802 miles [2,900 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 71 days and walking would take 103 days.
- The shortest distance<8> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,389 miles [10,282.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,155 miles [11,514.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<10>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,236 miles [8,426.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<11>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cremona. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Rock Creek to see Pete ... Rock Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Cremona could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Cremona) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cremona. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CremonaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cremona. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.5451, Longitude: -114.4885 |
|<3>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Cremona, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<7>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<8>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Cremona to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.595 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 335.469 degrees.|
|<11>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.154 degrees.||