Our Genealogy Helper for Conquerville (aka 'Maleb') ...
So far, we have found very little information about Conquerville. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Conquerville to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Conquerville, please Contact Us.
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Conquerville (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Conquerville. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Name Variations for Conquerville ...
When searching records, keep in mind that names and their spelling can change over time. Our sources include documents like maps, railroad schedules, Travel, Express and Shipping Guides. Many of these documents date from the 1800's and it's common to find spelling differences.
Although we can't give a definitive list, hopefully the following will give you a feel for the variations that might have occurred.
Conquerville has also been known as: Maleb.
If you have information about these names (such as the reason for the change, date of change, the origin of the name), please Contact Us.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Conquerville:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Conquerville ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Conquerville.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Conquerville covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Fertile Plains Cemetery
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- St. Joseph's Cemetery
- Nemiskam Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Nemiskam Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Nemiskam Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Nemiskam Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the south of Conquerville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nemiskam Cemetery
- Bow Island Cemetery
- Foremost Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Foremost Cemetery
- Foremost Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Conquerville.
- Foremost Cemetery has also been known as:
- Foremost Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Foremost Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2209384<2>
- Continue List ...
- Whitla Cemetery
- Burdett Community Cemetery
- Assumption Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Assumption Cemetery
- The Assumption Cemetery is located 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Grassy Lake.More accurately, Assumption Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km] to the west of Conquerville.
- Assumption Cemetery has also been known as:
- Assumption Catholic Cemetery
- Assumption RC Cemetery
- Grassy Lake Catholic Cemetery
- Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Assumption Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2214187<2>
- Seven Persons Cemetery
- Westview Cemetery of Grassy Lake
- Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery
- Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<3> to the northwest of Conquerville.
- Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery has also been known as:
- Prairie View Cemetery
- Prairieview Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2444907<2>
- Manyberries Cemetery
- Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery
- The Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery is located 3 miles [4.8 km]<3> to the southwest of Manyberries.More accurately, Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery lies 29 miles [46.7 km] to the southeast of Conquerville.
- Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery has also been known as:
- Finnish Little Knoll Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2548173<2>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Conquerville. See our List of 1890's Communities around Conquerville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Conquerville, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Conquerville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Conquerville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ConquervilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Conquerville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.6695, Longitude: -111.2238 |
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|