Communities Also Named Clive ...
We have found two communities that share the name Clive.
Within Alberta, the name Clive is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Polk County
- This Clive is located in Polk County and lies 1,184 miles [1,905.5 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clive
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Polk County community of Clive.
- Tooele County
- This Clive is located in Tooele County and lies 813 miles [1,308.4 km]<1> to the south.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clive
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Tooele County community of Clive.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Clive ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Birchcliff (29 miles [46.7 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birchcliff
- Birchcliff lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the west of Clive
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Birchcliff came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birchcliff
- Gull Lake (20 miles [32.2 km] to the west)
- Half Moon Bay (31 miles [49.9 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the west of Clive
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Half Moon Bay
- Mirror (14 miles [22.5 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mirror
- Mirror lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the east of Clive
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mirror
- Red Deer (21 miles [33.8 km] to the southwest)
- Rosedale Valley (12 miles [19.3 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosedale Valley
- Rosedale Valley lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the west of Clive
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosedale Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosedale Valley
- Springbrook (27 miles [43.5 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springbrook
- Springbrook lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Clive
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springbrook
- Sunbreaker Cove (31 miles [49.9 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunbreaker Cove
- Sunbreaker Cove lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the west of Clive
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunbreaker Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunbreaker Cove
How Far From Clive to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Clive to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Clive and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 73 miles [117.5 km]<1> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Clive to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,757 miles [2,827.6 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 69 days and walking would take 100 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,311 miles [10,156.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,078 miles [11,390.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,157 miles [8,299.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Clive
Mentions & References for Clive
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Clive. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Clive) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Clive. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CliveOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Clive. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4833, Longitude: -113.4500 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Clive to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.771 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.608 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.315 degrees.|