Curious and Interesting Names Near Clear Hills ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bluesky (35 miles [56.3 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bluesky
- Bluesky lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Clear Hills
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bluesky came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluesky
- Chinook Valley (12 miles [19.3 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chinook Valley
- Chinook Valley lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the southeast of Clear Hills
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chinook Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chinook Valley
- Deadwood (21 miles [33.8 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deadwood
- Deadwood lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the northeast of Clear Hills
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deadwood
- Last Lake (20 miles [32.2 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Last Lake
- Last Lake lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the south of Clear Hills
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Last Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Last Lake
- Lone Star (14 miles [22.5 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lone Star
- Lone Star lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Clear Hills
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lone Star came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lone Star
- Peace River (29 miles [46.7 km] to the southeast)
How Far From Clear Hills to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Clear Hills to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Clear Hills and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 269 miles [432.9 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Clear Hills to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 16 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 11 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,949 miles [3,136.6 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 77 days and walking would take 111 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,130 miles [9,865.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,891 miles [11,090 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,044 miles [8,117.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Clear Hills. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Clear Hills) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Clear Hills. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.5333, Longitude: -117.8833 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Clear Hills to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 337.39 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 339.002 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.624 degrees.||